How to Wake Up A Sleeping Baby
You all thought I was a bit crazy when I asked “How do I wake up a sleeping baby?” Most of you answered, “You don’t” but really, I needed to. With sleep training a newborn baby (click here for my newborn baby sleep training tips), comes the need to wake that baby up to feed at a particular schedule. And that, my friends, is why I asked you all over on Instagram:
How do I wake up a sleeping baby?
It’s no easy task but here is all the advice I got:
- ice pack on the bottom of their feet
- wash cloth or wet wipe on their belly, back or armpits (this one has been working like a charm for us)
- undress them
- blow air on their tummy
- put a drip of milk on their lips
- run your fingers down their spine or sides
- gently flick the bottom of their feet
- gently give them that “falling” feeling to make the Moro Reflex happen
If you have any other suggestions that have worked for you,
let me know so I can add them to the list!