Making big, hearty breakfasts on the weekends is something we love to do as a family. From delicious crepes to waffles to hearty egg scrambles, we make it all and it's the best way to start our weekends off as a family and to start them off with a smile. But there's just one problem...
Making a hearty meal means a whole lot of dishes and a whole lot of mess.
I'm probably the only person in the world that feels this way but I really don't mind doing dishes. Well, I don't mind doing dishes but I've got a footnote to go along with that. I don't mind doing dishes so long as the pans clean easily.
And that never happens. (until now, of course!)
Eggs stick to even non-stick pans, that cast iron grilling pan is the absolute worst to clean, and if I let the spatula sit until after breakfast is done it's a lost cause. I cannot STAND when food sticks, even when soaked, but let me tell you, Scotch-Brite®Scrub Dots sponges are my new best friend. And believe me, they're going to be yours too!
We had the chance to try out Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Dots sponges, Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponge, Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Dishwands and Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Dots Dishwands. From the dishes to the kitchen counters to the stove top, they're everything we need and more to clean up that hearty breakfast cooking mess in a jiffy. And of course, they bring that smile back onto my face after a delicious family meal.
So before I get to the recipe, I'm going to tell you WHY I love them and WHY they work so well:
The Scrubbing Dots technology allows the sponges to rinse clean and for everything I need to clean...
There's a sponge for that.
The Heavy Duty Scrub Dots are great for those stubborn baked on messes and heavy duty pots and pans and the Non-Scrtach Scrub Dots are great for all of your cookwear, from non-stick pans to your counter tops. Head over to your local Ralphs and give them a try...you won't be disappointed.
Coupons.com Offer will be live 10/4 – 12/31
Alright, it's time for our hearty egg casserole recipe and you're going to LOVE this! It's hearty, it's healthy and it's delicious. It's our favorite!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 6 sausage links
- 1 cup hash browns
- shredded cheese (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1. Cut sausage into 1/2 inch pieces and head on medium with olive oil until cooked all the way through.
2. Cook hash browns in oil until golden brown.
3. Crack eggs into oven-proof pan. Pour in milk and beat eggs with milk. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour sausage and hash browns into pan with eggs.
5. Cook spinach until soft. Meanwhile, cook mushrooms with oil until soft. Once cooked, pour both into egg mixture.
6. Cook bacon to your liking and chop into small bits. Pour into egg mixture.
7. Mix in two handfuls of cheese into egg mixture. Pour more cheese (to taste) on top until the entire casserole is covered.
8. Cook on 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (or until egg is cooked all the way through).
9. Enjoy your delicious, hearty egg casserole with your family. But wait, there's one more step...
10. Clean up your pots, your pans and your entire kitchen in a jiffy and hassle-free with Scotch-Brite®Scrub Dots sponges. Enjoy the rest of your day with a clean kitchen and smile on your face!