My Fairytale Mornings With Ava Sue [+ coffee]
Sponsored with love by Hamilton Beach
I am just about half way through my pregnancy which is crazy. Absolutely crazy. Time is just flying by! Ava is growing and talking and she’s basically an adult now (cue the tears) and the closer we get to this baby boy coming into our lives, the more I want to spend all of these precious moments with Ava — just the two of us.
A couple weeks back I wrote about the fears that hit me as soon as I found out I was pregnant again — oh, so much guilt. I had so many of you re-assure me that you all went through the same thing but that everything falls into place as soon as that second baby is here. And I trust you, but I still want to savor all of these precious moments we have together, with Ava as an only child. A
And mornings are our special time.
As you all know, I work from home. And that’s hard with a toddler constantly begging for my attention. But in the morning, it’s just the two of us with no phones and no computers and we love our mornings together.
They’re absolutely perfect.
Here’s how our mornings go:
- I wake up between 6:00 and 6:30 and head straight to my Instagram to respond to comments and messages from the night before.
- Once I hear that pitter patter coming down the hall (or more recently, she rolls over on her little rolling horsey), I put my phone down and look up to the biggest, sweetest smile I ever did see. Oh yeah, and the messiest bed head you ever did see too (if you’ve seen my Instagram stories, you know what I’m talking about).
- I pick Ava up and we snuggle in bed under the covers. We give eskimo kisses, we hug, we giggle — these are the moments I cherish so much. These are those quiet, special moments I never want to end.
- Usually after about five minutes Ava exclaims, “Food please!” and we head to the kitchen, hand-in-hand, and on our way she always asks for cereal. It’s always cereal, which is what I love to eat in the mornings too.
- We brew a cup (or an entire pot if it’s needed) of coffee for me (well, Ava brews is and has been doing that since she was one — it’s her favorite) and then we snuggle on the couch together for an episode of Paw Patrol or Daniel Tiger.
And there you have it — our fairytale mornings in a nutshell. They truly are a fairytale and these are the moments I will never forget.
So you know that part up there where I mentioned brewing a cup or a pot? Because of course, some mornings a cup isn’t enough for us mamas but guess what — they’re BOTH part of the same coffee machine. True story.
This Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker is seriously mom goals. You can use k-cups, you can use grounds, you can brew a single cup or a whole pot if you have guests over (or save it all for yourself). Seriously so convenient and it’s all in one which makes it that much better!
We’re giving one away!
Yes, one lucky mama (or dad or anyone, really) is going to win a
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker
so your morning dreams can be a fairytale just like ours are.
Head over to our Instagram (@theoverwhelmedmommy) to enter!
And if you just cannot wait and need to snag one now (hint hint: these make a great holiday gift),
click the link below and use code for 10% off 10FLEXBREW