Pregnancy-Friendly Recipe // Loaded Bruschetta and Garlic Bread
Written with love, by Sarah-Elizabeth Stone
Ah, Resolution Season. Where we dramatically cut our sugar intake, spend an exorbitant amount of money on organic food, and buy a gym membership. We cut carbs, vow to exercise at least once a week and switch out that candy bar for a carrot. As a mama to be, the temptations are even stronger because of your new best friend, the craving.
You know you should be reaching for that apple, and for the most part you do. You've made little deals in your head, an apple today and perhaps cheesy delicious nachos as a snack tomorrow. Cravings are truly the killer of New Year's Resolutions. So you know what? Eat apples all this week ladies, because this craving is going to be on your bucket list. It's cheesy, gooey and full of butter – but I bet you can't have just once slice.
Sometimes you just need melted cheese, garlic, and tomatoes on baked bread. Resolutions can wait another day.
• 2 heads of garlic
• 8 pieces of bread
• 4 tablespoons of butter
• 8 slices of Havarti cheese
• ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
• ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
• 10-14 cheery tomatoes, chopped
• 3 tablespoons of green onion
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Peel garlic out of the flake layers but leave the clove whole
3. Over medium heat in a frying pan, with the olive oil saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes total, or until it is soft
4. In a bowl squish the cloves, remove the inner stem and mix with 3 tablespoons of butter. Use the back of a spoon to make the garlic flatten further
5. In a small frying pan or sauce pan on medium heat, mix 1 tablespoon of butter with the chopped cherry tomatoes and green onions
6. While that is cooking, line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray down with non stick spray. Line up the bread slices on the baking sheet (you can remove the crusts for a more finished look) and place slices of Havarti cheese on top
7. Spread garlic mixture on top of the cheese, followed by the tomatoes and green onion mixture
8. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes, then broil on high for 1 minute
Please consult with a doctor before consuming any products in this post or anywhere on our site.