Motherhood has changed me. While it’s been full of chaos and relationships hardships and a whole lot of laundry, dishes, crying and JaM Cellars Butter Chardonnay, motherhood has truly changed me for the better. I am stronger and more confident and more loving and more kind and most of all, I am a mom who knows love, a kind of love I never new existed in this lifetime. And that is a beautiful thing.
If you really think about it, it’s kind of crazy that anyone can just raise a baby. Like this is our Earth we’re talking about here and this is the future of society we’re all creating together. So you’re saying that I’m just allowed to create a human, raise them through childhood and into adulthood and then just let them go into the wild to help run this Earth? And I’m allowed to do that without any manual, without any required classes or books?
I’m just supposed to be handed this tiny child in the hospital and get sent home two days later, without having any answers to that first day home from the hospital question — “What now?”
It’s kind of crazy if you think about it, huh?
I remember the day so well -- We brought Ava home from the hospital, introduced her to Baxter, sat down on the couch as she slept so peacefully and said to each other, “Okay now what are we supposed to do?”
It’s quite hilarious, looking back. She was such a innocent little thing, just lying there in our arms like a “little human blob” and now just two years later she’s walking and talking and telling me what she wants and doesn't want. We chase her around and we teach her manners and at the end of each day, we’re left with a chaotic home full of toys, dishes, and laundry and we’re also left with a full heart...oh yeah, and a full glass of JaM Cellars Butter chardonnay to go with that full heart ;)
No matter how our day went, how fussy Ava was, how many times she disobeyed me and how many hours she screamed or cried, at the end of the day when the house is quiet and I’m sipping some JaM Cellars Butter chardonnay on the couch, I miss her immediately, no matter what. And that love I get to experience is just something else.
So here I am, just two years into the "job" and there are some things I want every expecting mom and every future mom to know.
9 Things Every Future Mom Needs to Know
1. You’re creating a human of society, not just a baby. You’re creating the future of this world.
2. The love you’re going to feel for this child is beyond words and is unlike any love you’ve ever experienced before. And no matter how impossible it may seem, that love will grow deeper and stronger every single day.
3. You’re going to have to work harder at your marriage than ever before — know that and expect that and keep working on it before it’s too late to turn back around. Go out for date nights even when you miss your kids like crazy and sip on some JaM Cellars Butter Wine together when the kids are fast asleep. Snuggle up, continue laughing and don't ever forget the vows you made to each other.
4. You think you’re a strong woman now? Just wait until you’re a mom. You’ll be stronger and more confident than ever before.
5. Dealing with mom anxiety will be a daily occurrence and it’ll just continue to grow as your love grows. So enjoy your life, trust in your faith and live every minute of every single day being thankful for the life you have been given.
6. You have no idea what chaos means until you’re a mom. You just wait. But...
7. You’ll learn spontaneity and “going with the flow” real quick. It is up to you whether you let it bring you down or live it up and embrace it.
8. You’ll finally realize that women truly are superheros — You can create milk without even thinking about it, you literally grew a human inside of you, you have the ability to love unconditionally, you can survive on little food and sleep and you somehow can block out the fact that you have to pee for hours on end because a tiny human is fast asleep on your chest. Now that’s superhero status.
9. You’ll grow to love wine. It’s calming, relaxing and it’s just the treat you deserve at the end of a beautifully chaotic day. And I’ll be here for ya if you need any suggestions (ahem, JaM Cellars Butter wine...just saying...)
Enjoy the beautiful chaos, embrace the change, and raise these members of society as though they are your future world leaders...because they are.
I’m a white wine kinda gal — never was a big wino and then this whole Mom thing happened and *POOF* my taste buds love it! Butter Chardonnay is rich, bold, luscious, it just melts in your mouth...basically, it's my jam. And every jam is better with butter, right? Yes, I'm right.
Made in the tradition of quality Californian wine making, JaM Cellars Butter Chardonnay grapes are juicy, ripe and bursting with flavor. They cold ferment this easy-to-love Chardonnay to a lush creaminess and age it in a unique blend of oak. Butter brims with stone fruit and baked-lemon notes and has a lovely, long, vanilla finish. Let's just say, I think I've got your Mother's Day gift covered, right here. Check out reviews for Butter Chardonnay on JaMCellars.com for inspiration.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.