Written with love, by Sarah Elizabeth Stone
Gather around the various scent candles, mama to be, and let me tell you a story. While your feet are sore at the end of the day, and you could probably fall asleep on your lunch hour. You’re popping so many prenatal vitamins and minerals they feel more like a small meal. Your tummy is beginning to stretch, and those jeans won’t be fitting for much longer. During this time people are pulling you right and left with a list of questions as long as your arm.
But listen carefully mama to be, it’s all for the little miracle inside of you. Sit back with a relaxing glass of sparkling grape juice and remember, once he or she comes you’ll be longing for the sleep you once thought was so little!
· 2 tbs of olive oil
· ½ large onion
· 1 head of broccoli
· 6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
· ½ cup of Havarti cheese
· Parsleyto garnish
1. Chop up onion into small chunks
2. Brown in a large pot with olive oil over medium heat
3. Add in chicken or vegetable stock, and simmer for 5 minutes
4. Add in head of broccoli, chopped up and cook for another 5 minutes
5. Reduce the heat to low, add in cheese and let melt slightly for 2-3 minutes
6. Using a hand blender, puree the mixture so that it becomes thick. If you want a thicker base, add in ½ cup of milk
7. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes
8. Add in some parsley to top it all off
Please Note: All pregnancies are different so please check with your physician before eating anything in this recipe.